This is an old revision of the document!
Rules and Regulations for the Music Technology & Keyboard Profiency Laboratory MTKPL (E-215)
- Food and/or drink are prohibited in the Lab
- Headphone use is mandatory, in consideration for other users. Each student must bring his/her own. Use the headphone extension cables on the desk.
- Please do not unplug any cables from the computers, monitors, piano, midi keyboard, or from the power outlets. Each station has a power bar where you may plug your laptop in.
- Musictech students can store up to 10 GB on their personal account on the MTKPL file server(your local home directory).
- KP students may only use the local KP account. There is no password. Do not save anything to this account. All files saved on this account are erased upon logout.
- Please remember to log out at the end of your sesssion.
- The Lab is not available for use when there is a class/seminar/lecture in progress. For the lab schedule there is a QR code on the door, or else check the general Music Building room booking site here: https://rbs.music.mcgill.ca/building/week.php?area=1&room=16
- MT students: please do not attempt to log-in more than once (do not use another computer if you’re already logged in).
- No unauthorized use will be tolerated, do not give your username and password to anyone. You are held responsible for your account.
- Any attempt to damage the machines or equipment will result in immediate suspension from the lab, with other consequences as deemed necessary.